Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009!

Monday, May11, 2009
So I had my FIRST mother's day celebration yesterday! It was super fun and Jerret got me such a cute purse and he wrote a beautiful poem. We celebrated by spending time together, Jerret grilling, and a nice little nap on the couch!

(He is going be happy that he let me celebrate, even if baby is still in my belly : ) I already know what Mr. Boy Batson will get him!)

Anyway, so I thought I would share a few verses that we read together in church yesterday. The verse really comforted me about going through labor and delivery--and the bigger challenge--being a mom!
Psalm 40
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand...Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to sepak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."

I just felt led to share these verses because they really meant a lot to me.

1 comment:

Melissa Tenholder said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!