Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So..whats with the blog?

This post won't have any photos....and, I feel guilty. Oh well. I write all these AMAZING (let me tell yoU!) blogs in my head, but I rarely actually post/write them on the computer. So, I thought I would blog about this blog. I am still confused about what I think the blog should be....I originally wanted it to be updates of our family with a little of mommy's opinion. Well, it turned into "I just want pictures" from the grandparents.

So, I thought to myself, I have thoughts and opinions I can share with my readers! I mean, don't you want to know what is going on in my life? Twitter, facebook and email just isn't enough updates for you!

I'm a decent writer and I think I'm pretty funny. So, this blog should be amazing! I find myself organizing and planning what I write and post. To me, that is a newsletter, not a blog. So, I will ATTEMPT to post more (with or without pictures and/or guilt!) And write more mommy comments to provide a rich description of our lives :) That way, you can SEE how cute E is and also read about how cute he is.

Cuteness example #1 My boy is a clapper now. SUPER cute when the little hands make that small little smack smack noise. I love it
#2 Miss L. at daycare taught him "SO BIG". He raises his hands (usually) to show you how big he is. I just love it.
#3 He knows how to give kisses. Sometimes, he just isn't into it.
#4 His army crawling has NOT evolved. He is too happy scootching on his belly or turning circles while sitting up. He DOES go from belly to sitting up by himself and rocks a little, but shows minimal signs of actually doing a "real crawl."

Some NOT so cute things:
#5 Teething! We have TONS of teeth now. These teeth have been hard and are giving fever/restless nights. LOTS of cuddling with mommy, though.....
#6 TEMPER issues. Little man has figured out HOW to express being dissatisfied. Not super charming, but a milestone met. We at least know when he is not happy and try to figure out why.
#7 Throwing food at dinner. We are frustrated, Sadie dog is happy. Enough said.

So, E is growing, learning and a HUGE sponge. He has words for Sadie, Arf Arf (what sadie does!), Num Num, Mama, Dada, U-oh, A-cho and maybe a few others. The kid is VOCAL! He is loud and he knows it. Its cute to hear him babble at toys or blankets.

We are so loving this beautiful weather with baby boy. He LOVES to be outside and enjoys our daily walks. He is a good baby and continues to bless us!

We are staying involved at Rooftop Community Church as much as possible. Its hard with work, teaching, class, family and baby. I'm in a Bible study with some women and have been blessed by the friendships and work that God is showing us. We have participated in some annual events and also continue to serve on Sunday mornings. God is good and we continue to learn more and trust in Him!

So, it seems this post is about all of our family and how God is working in us. Little E enjoys chewing on his Bible (its cardboard!) and will hopefully learn from his parents how to trust and love God with his own heart!

No comments: