I had this super awesome blog composed in my head to share....and I lost it. Between the cold, coughing, hacking, fighting with a sick 3 year old and catering to a sick hubby....it flew out of my head.
SO, I am going to offer some parenting insight on....God's Grace.
In parenting a 2 year old last year, I was SURE it could not get any worse. BOY, was I wrong. This three year old's attitude, questions, and sweet innocent face are TOTALLY messing with me. He does EXACTLY the opposite of what I ask him to do....JUST after I ask.
God gave me some morning quiet time last week, and I realized that I do the SAME thing. God says, learn my Word--I complain I don't have time. God's Word says--Love your neighbor, and I gossip or judge them. God's Word says honor your parents (and I believe that applies to in-laws, too!) and I snap at them. God says to honor your husband--and I ignore or complain. My list goes ON and ON!
But there is freedom from all of my issues and my kiddo's. Its Grace and Love. I love him SO much that I forgive all his silly attitude issues and constant fighting with me. God does it for US, too--and I am SO incredibly grateful for His grace and love.
When I am ready to loose it with my little guy, I remember that God gave me grace so I should attempt to correct and love my guy.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
I'm back from a long vacation of blogging. I had a sister blog going and lost track for a while. Starting a new job, getting pregnant and raising a just turned 3 year old is AWESOME. I want to continue to offer news, updates and advice for all those mommas out there!
What's Up with us!? Here we go
What's Up with us!? Here we go
- We are pregnant with our SECOND boy. And NO, we don't have any names yet. We won't have them until delivery :) We are due late October
- Eph is 3 and SO sweet, adorable and fun! Of course he is challenging, obstinate and moody. Welcome to living with a preschooler!
- We are EXPLORING minimalism while still finding deals with coupons. Doesn't sound like a contradiction, but to a stock piling momma--IT IS! Join us on the journey.
- Both mom and dad have new jobs. New jobs=new demands. Be patient with us.
- We have grown SO much closer to the Lord. Seriously. It will show through our posts!
- I still want to share great deals with you--so lets get to it!
TARGET (which I only go to once per month Unless there is a sale) has their large bags of diapers on 15% off or more clearance. Pair that up with a Target Coupon $1/1 (from 4/29 PG, expires 6/9) and the $1.50/1 Baby Dry or $1.50/1 Swaddlers from coupons.com and you get a STOCK UP opportunity! I got size 2 &3 diapers for about $0.16/diaper!
If you don't believe me, checkout one of my favorite sites, Baby Cheap Skate. They have a cool match up weekly and a few awesome diaper growth and stock up sheet at the bottom. LOVE that site!
If you are wondering, YES I considered the cloth diaper deal. And YES I even bought some cloth diapers. I "calculated" out how much time and energy (from my home) it would cost for these cute cloth diapers and realized I wasn't going to do it. It was a hard decision, but I think I will spend my time invested in other baby stuff.
Photos of E's 3rd bday are posted on facebook and other social sites. Check em out : )